Problem w/Contacts in Mail inbox: Some Full Names, others Email Addresses?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Veritas&Equitas, Nov 27, 2006.

1. Veritas&Equitas macrumors 68000

Veritas&Equitas

Quick question: So I have all my friends/family entered into Address Book, and once I get an email from them, it says their first and last name in the "From" category in my inbox in Mail. Yet, there are a couple that only have their email address in the "From" category, even though I have them entered into my Address Book just the same as everyone else? Any ideas why a few are screwed up? (Also, it's not a matter of their individual domain, because a number of them come from the same .edu address) Thanks!

i.e. Bill Smith is listed, and shows up as Bill Smith (even though his email is bsmithATmac.com). Next, even though I have John White entered in, it shows up as jwhiteATmac.com, instead of John White?

2. Powermax macrumors regular

It depends on how the sender's mail programm is set up.
    If they don't enter anything in the "Full name" field, the client usually uses the adress instead.

3. Veritas&Equitas thread starter macrumors 68000

Veritas&Equitas

Really? That's it? There's nothing I can do to change the email addy to a real name/contact?

4. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Yeah, sorry, but their client overrides yours as to what is displayed. It's annoying. :(