problem watching the wmv files

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by zakthemack, Sep 27, 2004.

1. zakthemack macrumors member

Sep 15, 2004
    Hello, I'm trying to view files with a wmv extension, I get the following error message when I do so. thanks for the help

n order to play this file, you need to upgrade your media player to a version compatible with Windows Media Rights Manager V7. Select View Compatible Players below to see a list of compatible media players.

If your current media player does not have a Windows Media Rights Manager V7 compatible version, you should select a different player with the Windows Media Rights Manager V7 identifier.
  2. MisterMe macrumors G4

Jul 17, 2002
    You know, it would really help a lot if you told us which OS and which application you are trying to use for viewing .wmv files. Lacking that ability, you should at least download WMP 9 from the Microsoft website.
  3. zakthemack thread starter macrumors member

Sep 15, 2004
    I have wmp 9, and am using OS X. I have a feeling that this problem is related to the wvm3 discussions that have been posted earlier. I downloaded, the vlc which has been discussed, and it plays most things. Short of that, I suppose I'm just out of luck, if the movies won't run in vlc.
  4. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

Jun 6, 2003
    Solon, OH
    The problem is that Windows Media Player for Mac (any version) doesn't have WMRM (any version) built in. See this newsgroup post.

EDIT: Link fixed.
  5. Peterkro macrumors 68020

Aug 17, 2004
    Communard de Londres