Problem with Bluetooth on Powerbooks and iBooks

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by Mac Dummy, Sep 18, 2004.

1. Mac Dummy macrumors regular

Hey has anyone else expierenced a disappearing of the internal bluetooth module on their aluminum Powerbooks, and on Ibooks with built-in Bluetooth? If you have,if you where able to fix it, how did you do it? Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated. I've got a 12" Pbook Rev. B (9/03), but I've been reading on Apple's forums that this is a reoccurring problem with everyone.

Thanks!

2. Westside guy macrumors 601

Westside guy

I have, on rare occasions, had my Powerbook wake up from sleep and not seem to have the Bluetooth module available. In those instances, though, a reboot has fixed it - so I'm guessing that's not the same sort of circumstances you're experiencing.

3. JeDiBoYTJ macrumors 6502a

JeDiBoYTJ

ive had that happen to me once so far. I tried restarting, still didnt work. then I reset my PRAM and it worked

try reseting your PRAM, it worked for me. hold Option-Apple-R-P when you restart your computer, hold it until you hear a second startup chime.

4. The Past macrumors 6502

Happened twice in the last year. Restart helped on both occassions. But the PRAM suggestion makes sense. I will try that next time.

5. James Craner macrumors 68000

James Craner

I had a 1.25Ghz Al Powerbook 15" were the bluetooth module died. I called Apple and they talked me through a number of steps to get it working again, but all failed (including resetting the PRAM). In the end I had to return it for repair, Apple fixed it within 5 days and since then has worked flawlessly.

6. raytube macrumors member

Bluetooth on G5

Hi,
    I've had an internal Bluetooth module in my G5 stop working a couple of times in the last week or so. I just thought it was coincidence, is this a common issue people are having and did it start recently? these 2 times are the only times it's ever happened.

Rick