problem with bran new ibook g4

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by arcterix100, Sep 10, 2004.

1. macrumors newbie

Jun 2, 2004
    hi, i bought my ibook a month and a half ago and realized its not stable when i put it on a table (one of the rubber foot dosent sit on the ground so it woobles when im typing). Now it wasent that big of a deal until i started college. Now it wont stop moving when im working on it. So i have to put something under the foot. Is there any adjustment that can be done to eliminate this? Will apple repair this since it a manufacturer default??
  2. macrumors 603

Sep 3, 2003
    North Carolina
    Call 'em up and ask. They might just send you new rubber feet. You could also try self-repair: slice of some of the rubber so it doesn't wobble.
  3. macrumors 6502

Oct 24, 2001
    I ordered my ibook a few months ago and when I got it the left front rubber was about 1 cm above the ground.
    I called the store and I got a new 1.
    YOu should do the same I guess. a laptop should be flat not wobbly.
  4. macrumors 6502a

Apr 30, 2004
    The Ocean Floor
    id take it in and see what they can do, but sometimes the desk i use just isn't flat, honestly some tables have a slight curve - this makes your iBook or Powerbook wobble. Although it wouldnt be anywhere near as severe as 1cm!!!!!!! i'm not saying that i don't believe you "iwantanewmac" its just really harsh luck!!!! oh yeah and bad quality control!
  5. thread starter macrumors newbie

Jun 2, 2004

brought it to an authorized reseller and they told me that the bottom case was torked.. (as in now strait).. so i called apple care and they warranted the case.. so ill be getting it replaced soon.. thanks guys