Problem with burning with Itunes.

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by btcomm, Oct 19, 2006.

1. btcomm macrumors regular

This computer is an iMac G4 800 mhz, it has a built in cd burner. In os 9 Itunes will burn cds. It also has os 10.1.4 on it and when you load itunes in that and try to burn a cd it says cd burner or software not found. How can you tell in the Apple system profiler in os 10.1 if the cd burner is being regognized as a burner? The reason I ask is because I know the Apple system profiler is differn't in 10.1 vs 10.3.

Also if you don't know anything about the above question, do you know what the latest version of Itunes will run on OS 10.1 and if so do you think that might solve this burning problem? If not is there something else that might solve this problem?

If not from what I've read in order to re install os 10.1 you need to erase the disk is that correct? I'm pretty sure this computer has over 128 MB of ram so maybe just get a copy of 10.3 and upgrade with that?

2. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

Make sure you've got around 256MB to 512MB (if all you're doing is light stuff you won't need more than that) and upgrade to 10.3

10.1 was really a Release Candidate to 10.0's Beta status. The first fully usable version of OSX in my opinion didn't arrive till 10.2, you'll need a more recent version of OSX to run the most recent version of iTunes.

What version of OSX did your iMac come with? It should recognise the hardware that shipped with your system - did you do an upgrade?

3. btcomm thread starter macrumors regular

So you don't think that 10.1 will allow cds to be burned? If I did an erase and install on the computer and put 9.2.2 and then 10.1 you don't think it would work?

Also do you know if all imac g4 800 mhz computers came with the ability to read dvds? I know you need a special edition 10.3 if the computer can't read dvds.

Maybe I should just post this in the mac os x section, but can you do an upgrade to 10.3 from 10.1? Or is 10.1 to old for the upgrade install option? I hope you can upgrade.

4. knome macrumors 6502

knome

how can you run 10.1, that system was so buggy its not even funny. I'd also recommend going to 10.2 at least.