problem with call of duty 2

Discussion in 'Games' started by ashee, Oct 21, 2006.

1. ashee macrumors newbie

Oct 21, 2006
    hello there could do with some help with the game

i have just purchased cod2 after a friend reccomended it to me! installing the game was fine, until i came to play it. the game would upload and work fine, but the colour wasd very strange, the fog and mist was blue in colour and the chairs and tables and other various background objects in gamesplay were red? how can i sort this?

not too sure what i am doing sorry! if anyone needs any more info them no problem!

i have

ibook 1.33 GHz Power Pc G4
  2. TDM21 macrumors 6502a

Jul 7, 2004
    Have you updated the game with the latest patch (1.3)? That may fix the issue. Re-installing the game may help the issue.

What video card does your iBook have: ATi Radeon 9200 or 9550? I thought I read somewhere that the 9200 doesn't have enough features (probably shaders) to properly render the game. That is probably why it doesn't support CoreImage either.
  3. Sean7512 macrumors 6502a

Jun 8, 2005
    I would think that your iBook's video card just isn't quite powerful enough to render everything at once. Maybe if you drop to the lowest resolution and settings it may fix your problem. Call of Duty 2 is definitely pushing your iBook to its max! I'd suggest upgrading your ram, as 512mb is not that much, and your computer's performance will be a lot better with more ram in games and in general. Hope that helps! Oh ya, also make sure you have the absolute latest patch/version of the game as that may also help.
  4. ashee thread starter macrumors newbie

Oct 21, 2006
    ok cool well how would i be able to find out which video card i have? if so would i be able to change/upgrade it to a better one? and will apple do this for me?

thanks for the help
  5. TDM21 macrumors 6502a

Jul 7, 2004
    Click the Apple icon in the top left hand corner and select "About this Mac" You can then click "More Info," which will open up system profiles. Listed under Graphics and Displays you should be able to find what video card you have.

Unfortunately the video card is soldered onto the logic board of the system and can not be replaced or upgraded. Whatever you have, your stuck with.
  6. ashee thread starter macrumors newbie

Oct 21, 2006
    ATI Mobility Radeon 9200:

Chipset Model: ATY,RV280M9+
    Type: Display
    Bus: AGP
    VRAM (Total): 32 MB
    Vendor: ATI (0x1002)
    Device ID: 0x5c63
    Revision ID: 0x0001
    ROM Revision: 113-xxxxx-142
    Color LCD:
    Display Type: LCD
    Resolution: 1024 x 768
    Depth: 32-bit Color
    Built-In: Yes
    Core Image: Not Supported
    Main Display: Yes
    Mirror: Off
    Online: Yes
    Quartz Extreme: Supported

this is what it says? if i got a display would this work? as i have been thinking about getting one for a while
  7. tominated macrumors 68000

Jul 7, 2006
    Queensland, Australia
    call of duty 23 requires an ati 9600 vid card. a 9200 isn't powerful enough
  8. aholden12592 macrumors regular

Oct 16, 2006
    umm maybe you played a game of multiplayer and a mod messed everything up. probably not but maybe. some mods changeed my sg game.