Problem with CD drive!!

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by JzzTrump22, Jul 5, 2004.

1. macrumors 65816

I just installed Warcraft 3 then installed the frozen throne. So i put the original Warcraft 3 cd in then cliock on the icon and it says please insert warcraft 3. Help!!!! I can't get the cd out of the drive. I hit the actual eject button on the keyboard but it won't come out. I just got this PB and i have no clue. Help!!!!!

2. macrumors 68020

Horrortaxi

It must be a serious problem to warrent posting 2 threads about it. :)

Have you tried dragging the drive's icon to the trash? Hit the eject button on the left side (sidebar) of the Finder window? Is there a program using the drive? How long did you press the eject button?

There are a world of possibilities here. If all else fails, you can restart the computer while holding down the mouse button and the CD will eject.

3. macrumors 68040

Macmaniac

On some slot loading CD drives there is a little hole on one side of the slot which you can put a paperclip into, the paperclip pushes a release inside the drive which should eject the CD.

4. thread starter macrumors 65816

Sorry about the double posts, i was getting nervous. Well i wound up restarting the machine. But, i put the cd in, there was no icon on the desktop saying there was something in the drive. So i decided to click on one of the icons the gmae put onto the desktop for me when i installed. I clicked that and it said please insert Warcraft 3. But the cd was already in. The reason it wasn't reading was i installed the expansion and i put the original game in. First i hit the eject button, like i taped it. Nothing happened. Then i held it down for about 3 seconds, nothing happened. Thats when i got nervous. I don't know how long you have to hold down the button for it to eject a cd.

5. macrumors 68020

Horrortaxi

It takes a second or two. If you pressed the eject key for the same length of time as when you hit a key while typing it wouldn't eject.

So you got the disk out then?

6. macrumors regular

Won't eject

Restart your mac and when the machine has chimed hold the mouse button down until the cd is ejected.

If that doesn't work the you have to use a time trusted EED (Emergency Eject Device) aka a straightend out paperclip, find the little hole and stick it in about an inch until you meet some resistance , push a little further and the tray should open, it it's a slot loader, then it shouldstill come out, although not fully.

7. macrumors 6502a

comictimes

If you're using a 15" powerbook, at least on mine, I don't think there is an EED. My CD drive completely broke down a while ago, but luckily my cd came partially out, so I could pull it the rest of the way out. If you're powerbook's new, or you have applecare just send the powerbook in to Apple. I did, and they had my computer back to me within four days.

8. macrumors 6502a

titaniumducky

First try restarting with the mouse button (left) held down. If that doesn't work, there's something in Open Firmware which does a force eject too. If that doesn't work, the drive's broken for sure.