Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cypher

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 28, 2003
I have a Canon s230 and a couple of weeks ago I dropped it on the sidewalk. But after that I've used it sucessfully more than 6-8 times. But last night I took some pictures and videos and now I'm unable to download them to my computer. The photos are viewable on the camera's playbackk but when I try to download them when it gets to a file the computer locks up or shows an error message saying there is not enough memory.

If the disk is corrupt is there anyway to recover data? I'm using a kingston 512 mb compact flash card. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!!

annk

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 18, 2004
Somewhere over the rainbow
Are you trying to download them from the camera (= while the card is in the camera)? Try using a card reader, see if you can move them from the card to your computer that way. A little more hassle, but better than paying for an expensive camera repair (if downloading to your computer is the only problem you're having after dropping the thing).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.