Problem with Cydia

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by princeali999, Aug 16, 2010.

  1. macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Apr 28, 2010
    #1
    Everytime I open Cydia, it loads and then says "Error: bad URL" at the top. Then this comes up:

    How do I get rid of this? By the way, I do not have the source "beyouriphone.com" in my Cydia.
     

    Attached Files:

  2. macrumors 68030

    Joined:
    Jan 20, 2010
    Location:
    Terra
    #2
    You shouldn't get that message if you don't have that respository. Have you double-checked that it's not in the list at all?
     
  3. thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Apr 28, 2010
    #3
    Yes, I did double-check if it is and it is not. I don't have any packages installed from the repository either because it never worked.
     
  4. macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Aug 19, 2010
    #4
    Did you find a solution? I just got rid of this problem a couple of days ago, on my Ipod Touch 3G.

    The best solution I found was at this link: http://ko-kr.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=90519004871&topic=19485&post=209119

    It's near the bottom of the page, and the poster's name is Alex. You'll need the following:

    * CyberDuck (Mac) or WinSCP (Windows) (Google whichever app you need. I think they're both free)
    * OpenSSH on your iDevice (get it from Cydia)
    - You'll also need to know how to use it and (important!) how to shut it off when you're not using it (I use SBSettings, see below), 'cuz for some reason it's a battery hog (I've no idea why this is so, but I read it somewhere, and experienced it myself ...
    * SBSettings on your iDevice (Aha! and get this from Cydia, too)
    * A wifi network. An ad-hoc LAN is fine
    * [HowTo] SSH

    The same actions Alex describes can mostly be performed with iFile (paid app from Cydia) rather than Cyberduck or WinSCP. If you use iFile, SSH won't be necessary.

    Finally, he leaves out a very important step, which is the last one: Reboot your iPhone/Touch!

    FWIW, I had a problem with step 4, in that I couldn't properly edit 'metadata.plist'. I suspect I may get the problem back if I add another repo, but at least I know what I need to do now.

    Hope this helps *someone* ...

    0nullun0
     

Share This Page