Problem with finder....

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by AJ Muni, Aug 10, 2005.

1. AJ Muni macrumors 65816

AJ Muni

hey guys i wanna kno if theres a solution to this...for example in my pics folder if i highlight about 5 pics and hit control+I...it'll open 5 windows, each corresponding to each pic. before i thought i was able to hit cntrl+i before, and itll give me info of those items in 1 finder windows combined, hence showing me the total space of the 5 items...did i undo a setting somehow in the finder prefrences???

2. stridey macrumors 65816

stridey

No, this is a change with Tiger, and not one we're all happy with. I believe (on a windowz machine ATM, so I can't check), there's a selection under the file menu for multiple item get info.

3. AJ Muni thread starter macrumors 65816

AJ Muni

yea i could of sworn it worked before....man that sucks...the first time i did it...i did it for about 50 mp3 files...can u imagine all those windows!!!!

4. beatle888 macrumors 68000

beatle888

option click on the "File" menu. you'll see "Show Inspector" instead of "Get Info".

5. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

Or do Option-Command-I and it'll open all the files as one Get Info batch, rather then separately.