Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zroll1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 1, 2003
I'm having a problem with my Flurry screensaver. It, no matter what I do, keeps coming up as my screensaver. I select a new one and set it to come on in a half hour. I quit and then checked it again and it set itself back to Flurry and to go on in 20 minutes. I then deleted the Flurry screensaver and thought it has to change now. But what did it do? It justs brings up a black screen. It won't change to any other screensaver. I know another person who has the exact same problem. Any suggestions would be great.

bankshot

macrumors 65816
Jan 23, 2003
Southern California
From your home folder, try removing the file Library/Preferences/ByHost/com.apple.screensaver.xxxx.plist. The xxxx part is different for each machine and depends on your ethernet address. You might also check and make sure you own and have write permission for the folder Library/Preferences/ByHost (right-click and select Get Info).

Hopefully this helps.

zroll1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 1, 2003
Thanks a lot. By just changing the permissions of the ByHost Folder made it work. Thanks again.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.