Problem with Garageband volume settings

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by doomedyouth, Jan 13, 2007.

1. macrumors newbie

Jan 13, 2007
    I'm using Garageband to mix music for a four hour party. I just want to fade the songs in and out so that the music flows continuously. So each song is a different track and I've been adjusting the volume for each individual track. For example, at the end of one song, I bring the volume down while the next song is comig in. Which works fine for 20 minutes (about 500 measures), but if I try to adjust the volume of a track after that, I'm unable to move the points on the volume bar. It's like suddenly I no longer have that function. Does anyone have any idea what's going on?
  2. macrumors 601

Jul 18, 2002
    why not use itunes for playback?

even if the crossfade doesn't work for you as the fade in / fade out, you can do your volume adjustments in GB on a per song basis, then use itunes for party playback.
  3. macrumors 68030

Dec 27, 2002
    Alameda, CA
  4. thread starter macrumors newbie

Jan 13, 2007
    Thanks for the suggestions. Even after extending the recording limit though, I still wasn't able to adjust the volume settings past about 35 minutes. What I ended up doing was several 30 minute mixes, which worked ok.

The link you sent Flowbee said the 2.0 version had fixed this problem. I tried to install it but "An eligible GarageBand application was not found in /Applications." I have Garageband and it's in Applications, so I'm not sure what the problem is.