problem with halo patch 1.05 and powermac

Discussion in 'Games' started by switchedanhappy, Sep 9, 2004.

1. switchedanhappy macrumors regular

When I tried to install the new halo patch, the installer says that the search specified by the updater was not found. I have all previous patches installed and my copy of halo is not bootlegged or anything like that, so WTF?

2. The Tuck macrumors 6502

The Tuck

If your Halo game folder isn't in "Applications" that might be the problem. I have mine in Applications->Games and it worked fine for me, but try moving the folder to the Applications folder if it isn't already there.

3. pgc6000 macrumors 6502a

4. Mord macrumors G4

Mord

i will not update past 1.03, i cant be arssed to put in my cd, and my cubes dvd drive sounds like a jet engine.

5. switchedanhappy thread starter macrumors regular

it wouldn't work, but out of curiosity, why would you say the patch isn't good?

6. pgc6000 macrumors 6502a

1.5? It slowed down the framerates and and just made a mess out an already messy game. Now think how much of a mess that is. Now I downloaded 1.5 before I even lanched Halo when I first got it so I never experianced Halo for Mac at it's best but I have read enough that 1.5 is evil. Others will say the same. So your better of without it :D

7. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

The new 1.05.3 patch doesn't seem to help either :(

8. pgc6000 macrumors 6502a

So Nermal, do you think it wouldn't be worth it to update Halo? No improvement?
    And snother question Nermal, what resoulution are you running halo at?

9. Fritay macrumors newbie

Halo update...

Never had any trouble loading 1.05: it's 1.05.3 that messes me up. Framerate is blown to hell.

Anybody know where I can read about the problem?

Fritay

10. TheTurtleGuy7 macrumors newbie

fubar

i had the same problem and i haven't updated past 1.05. 1.05.3 made multiplayer really laggy and my desklamps superdrive sounded like it was about to blow a gasket. if you find anything out about this fritay, i would like to know also please.

turtleguy