Problem with HP PSC 2355 all in one scanner printer copier

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Lukiebaggs, Nov 16, 2005.

1. Lukiebaggs macrumors newbie

Hi everyone

I've got a problem with my brand HP PSC 2355 all in one scanner printer copier. - I got it direct from Apple 1 month ago.

I was hoping it would work right out of the box - no had to install from the CD - however the Set up assistant refused to see its own device. So I set up the Printer in a roundabout way... it works now.

PROBLEM:

I can't use the scanner on it. Photoshop can't see it - and there isnt any way to set it up from what I can see. I fumbled through the HP Mac OS section on the website - downloaded a few things - and nothing has worked - HP hasnt even gotten back to me in Tech Support and Ive emailed them twice and couldnt get throught on the phone. Ive encountered the exact same problem when I tried setting the same device to my sisters Mac - printing works - scannig doesnt - all becasue the HP set up assistant cant even see it and has to be Force Quitted.

Please someone - tell me what im doing wrong - and if nessicary give me a link to the software i need.

2. simie macrumors 6502a

simie

What version of OS X are you using?

HP does suggest that before you install the drivers that you remove everything from the startup folder onto the desktop. Now reboot and then install the driver and then put everything back in the startup folder.

3. markjones05 macrumors 6502a

markjones05

I have a hp psc 1315 and have a similar problem. The printer scanner copier works fine as long as u install the software off the disc. I unfortunately lost my printer disc, and now cannot use any of the functions other than printing and that more often than not gets messed up as well... I tried downloading softoware and drivers off the website and nothing works.

4. Lukiebaggs thread starter macrumors newbie

I know I sound like a novice here - but im a very competant mac user - the only reason im on here asking for help is to see if anyone has had the same problem and has found a solution.

I'm using 10.4.3 on Duel 2Ghz G5.

5. simie macrumors 6502a

simie

I wonder if its a bug in the driver, a compatibility issue with 10.4.3

6. Mr_Brightside_@ macrumors 68000

Mr_Brightside_@

my 1315 still works fine after 10.4.3 ... maybe try making sure all the defualt printer settings are set to your own printer, rather than "Any Printer"

also, email HP. they can actually help, eventuanlly