Problem with iAlertu

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by dorthyinoz, Nov 28, 2006.

1. dorthyinoz macrumors member

Just got my new MBP 17" and want to download iAlertU. It downloaded find, but I can't get it to work. When I click the app it shows up in the top beside bluetooth but not in my dock. I try clicking the menu on the remote like the directions tell but that just brings up itunes, video ect. Any help would be great

2. Osarkon macrumors 68020

Osarkon

That doesn't sound like a problem, iAlertU doesn't show up the dock. I think because it's supposed to be out of sight. It works just fine, press and hold the menu button on your remote and it'll activate.

3. dorthyinoz thread starter macrumors member

4. beestigbeestje macrumors regular

Frontrow and iAlertU opens at the same time?

Doesn't pressing the Menu button enables Front row?
    So you always have to open iAlertU before you can activate it, and close it if you want to use front row. I think it would be far more handy if you did not have to open iAlertU, that it was always active the moment you press the magic button, that's what I was wondering, iAlertU would open at the same time front row would, or am I seriously wrong here, I'm new to the program.:)

5. civilizedrat macrumors regular

iAlertU activates by pressing and holding the Menu button when the program is open. Front Row, however, opens by just one press of the Menu button, whether or not iAlertU is open.

iAlertU = press and hold of Menu
    Front Row = single press of Menu

6. beestigbeestje macrumors regular

Does iAlertU work when the laptop is closed? I guess not... Do you know where I can download is for free without limitations?

7. civilizedrat macrumors regular

8. shutch4251 macrumors newbie

I hold down the menu button and can only get front row to run.. 1) never use front row 2) trashed it from applications 3) front row still opens up!

Any other tricks to get ialertu to respond to remote?

9. dcen macrumors newbie

Holding the "Menu" button on the remote won't work...

Hey did you get your remote to work with this???:confused:

10. atticus18244fsa macrumors 6502

atticus18244fsa

I read somewhere there's issues with ialertu and sl. Maybe that was a different program though...

11. Pothedd macrumors newbie

No Symbol

Anywhere.
    I open iAlertU. And that's it. Nothing else happens. No new symbol in the menu bar.
    What's the deal?

12. dyzzle macrumors newbie

can someone help me too? i open ialertu and nothing happens, not even in the menu bar. i deleted it using appcleaner and i saw that there were crash reports whenever i tried opening the app. why is it crashing?:confused: