Problem with iCal alarm

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by RMD68, Jul 17, 2007.

1. macrumors 6502

I'm having a problem with my iCal alarm message prompt. When I set an alarm reminder for me a message is supposed to come up at a set desired time beforehand. The message does come up and it does play the sound, however the message goes as far as it can go to the left of the screen and many times I don't even notice it. I don't see anywhere in the app to fix this and I wondering if anyone has any ideas. Thanks in advance.

2. macrumors G3

puckhead193

mine too does this sometimes. Anyone got a quick fix? :confused:

3. thread starter macrumors 6502

4. macrumors 6502a

iCal was doing this on my G5 tower for several months, but never on my MacBook Pro. All of a sudden, it's back to normal, popping up in the middle of the monitor. Perhaps it was fixed with 10.4.10.

5. thread starter macrumors 6502

I'm running a Power Mac G5 as well and I'm running the latest patch but I still have this problem. Everything else in iCal works but this. I have no idea what the problem is and how to go about fixing it.

6. macrumors 65816

Same here. It pops up halfway off the screen. Not sure if it's still doing it since the latest update (haven't scheduled any), but I'll check.

What sorta bothers me is that the prompt and the calendar event seem to be controlled separately somehow. If I click the "X" to delete it in the prompt, it doesn't delete the item in the calendar. Seems like it should, imo.

7. macrumors G3

puckhead193

would deleting the .plist files fix it? would it erase all your appointments?

8. macrumors newbie

ical alarm message off screen fix

Ok, I was having this problem and here's the simple fix that will not delete your appointments or data...

Go into your Users folder>username>Library>Preferences> and delete the file named "com.apple.iCal.AlarmScheduler.plist" this will not erase your meetings but it will fix the problem!

Have a great day!