problem with importing music to ipod

Discussion in 'iPod' started by Jen5678, Feb 8, 2006.

1. Jen5678 macrumors regular

I have the 60 gb. video ipod. It has been working great up until the other day. I am trying to put new songs onto it and it shows up when its on iTunes but once I disconnect my ipod its not on there? Any ideas.
    Thanks in advanced!

Jen

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

So your iPod is set to automatically sync with your iTunes library but some songs are not transferring? Maybe try either reimporting them from CDs or converting them using the Advanced menu. :)

3. Mechcozmo macrumors 603

Mechcozmo

Try right-clicking on the iPod and choosing "Sync iPod"? See if forcing a sync helps.

4. Jen5678 thread starter macrumors regular

5. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

So, you're dragging a tune to the iPod, it shows up under the iPod but then doesn't actually appear when you disconnect? Do you get an error message? Try converting one track (it'll keep the original) and see if that transfers. :)

6. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Are you using USB1.1 or 2.0? when you try to transfer the songs does the computer freeze up?

Bless

7. MLWings19 macrumors newbie

I have the same problem with my 60GB video iPod. I have mine set to auto sync. When it finishes syncing the number of songs on my iPod is about 20 less than the number in iTunes. I only have about 15GB of music in iTunes.

8. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

MLWings19, it's a known incompatibility with some tag formats. Once you've found the file, I find the easiest way to get it onto the iPod is to Convert it using the Advanced menu. :)

To help find the file, I recommend Resetting the Warnings on the iPod which can be done by right-clicking it in iTunes.

9. Mechcozmo macrumors 603

Mechcozmo

This drove me crazy one time, where my iPod count was coming up just one short of the iTunes count. Turns out, it was a radio feed in the Library which couldn't go to the iPod for obvious reasons. Cleared up that niggling issue. :)

10. MLWings19 macrumors newbie

I reset the warnings and it didn't help. I am still 7 songs short on my iPod. With over 3700 songs I am guessing it is going to take me a while to find the files in question.

11. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Resetting the warnings won't get the music onto the iPod but rather mean that each time you sync, you'll get told the name of the first song to not transfer. :)

12. MLWings19 macrumors newbie

mad jew, yes, I know. I guess I should have said that after I reset the warnings and sync I do not get any messages saying somes songs could not be imported.