Problem with Itunes and LAME encoder

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Maynerd, Jan 12, 2007.

1. Maynerd macrumors regular

I just got my first apple computer since the apple IIe. I've been a PC user for a very long time. Getting used to the OS is challenging but I'm learning. :)

Anyone using the LAME encoder with itunes? I've had a tough time getting it to work.

I used this instruction:
    http://alpharuin.blogspot.com/2006/01/guide-itunes-lame-correct-way.html

I followed this guys instructions exactly and when I go to the script and choose import with lame I get an error 1066.

Anyone know why I am having this error?

I'm totally new with macs so I am a bit clueless but I double clicked the itunes-lame icon in the scripts folder and it ran ok when I did that. For some reason when I try to run it thru itunes it gives me the error.

Thanks for your help!

2. Mr Skills macrumors 6502a

Mr Skills

Ha ha, when I saw the thread title I thought it was going to be a troll ("why is iTunes so LAME?") :D

Anyway, I'm afraid I don't know the specific answer to your question, but I do have a work-around. Instead a using better MP3 encoder (not that iTunes is so bad for MP3 encoding IMHO), why not just encode in AAC?

3. Mr Skills macrumors 6502a

Mr Skills

Sorry about the "why would you want to do that anyway" answer to your question. I hate it when people do that to me :p

4. Maynerd thread starter macrumors regular

Well I guess the only reason I am choosing MP3 over AAC is that AAC isn't as supported by as many devices and applications as MP3.

Feel free to convince me to choose AAC over MP3 though I'm open to change. I've got about 1,000 cds to rip so I would like to make this "final" decision before I begin. :)