Problem with keyboard when waking from sleep (with KVM)

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by GenesisST, Mar 23, 2006.

1. GenesisST macrumors 68000

GenesisST

Hello all,

I have this problem with my iMac and a USB-KVM switch (iogear) where the keyboard does not seem to work when I wake the computer from sleep mode.

The mouse works. But I have to unplug the keyboard (the Apple one) from the KVM and plug it again and voilà, it works!

I could not find a similar problem in the current threads, so sorry if this is a duplicate of one that I could not find.

Thanks!

2. GenesisST thread starter macrumors 68000

GenesisST

Hello again,

I noticed that with my PC's keyboard I do not have the problem.

Could it be that there is a slight difference in the signals from the keyboards that may influence the switch? I hope not, I like the Apple keyboard, except that I do not have the context menu button when in Windows... But not matter, I prefer the Apple keyboard than that button, I can use the mouse :)

But, I did notice that the USB connector of the Apple keyboard is somewhat loose in the KVM's USB port. I will try to connect that keyboard to a USB cable extender and plug that into the KVM to see.

Results of that later, crying baby needs daddy... :)

3. GenesisST thread starter macrumors 68000

GenesisST

With the USB extension, it works well. The keyboard connector is tight in the
    extension, which is tight in the KVM.

[Edit]: Not really, I had the problem again this morning... :-(

Is it a known problem with the Apple keyboard or have I just got a bad one, and thus exchanged it?

Thanks.