Problem with Mac Book Air/OS x 10.8

Discussion in 'OS X Mountain Lion (10.8)' started by nakorn89, Apr 13, 2013.

1. macrumors newbie

Apr 13, 2013
    Hi all. I've just moved from Windows to Mac and having my first 13" Mac Book Air'12 configured to i7 2.0 GHz/8G Ram for about a week now. 70G of storage SSD is being trimmed out with boot-camp to accommodate Windows 7.

Everything was fine until couple of days ago, OS X seems to be sluggish and freezed every now and then particularly when try playing any media files. The cursor shows busy icon all the time even with youtube, While Windows 7 partition is working completely fine. This brings me to the decision to reset my "Macintosh HD" back to factory set up.

After googled through a number of how to tutorial on resetting, I would have a go on it. There are few questions I may need some helps here:-
    1. When reset "Macintosh HD" partition, do I have any problem with my boot-camp partition (Win 7)
    2. As far as I understand, no Mountain Lion disc is needed (I don't have one)
    3. Does internet connection need during the process and if so, would my Wi Fi worked when I eras the partition. BTW, I also use "Apple Thunderbolt to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter" for Lan connection, I also wonder if this will work during the resetting.

Any suggestions & helps would be greatly appreciated.