Problem With Mail?? Help Needed.

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Mitch1984, Apr 7, 2006.

1. Mitch1984 macrumors 6502

Mitch1984

Anyone know of some trouble shooting I can do to get Apple's Mail program. working again on my Intel iMac.

I'm running 10.4.6 with the latest firmware update.

It just I try to lanch Mail and I end up with the Spinning Beachball of Death. I have to force quit the app.

(For your reference I used to have the same problem with Entourage on my old iMac G4. Back then I tried to reinstall MS Office which didn't solve the problem).

Is this a known issue.

2. pjarvi macrumors 65816

pjarvi

I'm new to Mac's so I'm not familiar with troubleshooting OS X problems, but a quick Google search brought up a possible fix, found in this thread: http://www.macfixitforums.com/php/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=Forum36&Number=756856&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=31&fpart=1

"If you want to try a quick fix, go to Users/youraccount/Library/Preferences and move com.apple.Mail.plist to the desktop. Log out and log in. If the problem is gone, reset your Mail preferences and trash the plist. If not, put it back. If you're lucky, this might do it."

3. Mitch1984 thread starter macrumors 6502

Mitch1984

I'll give it a try! I should of remember the trash preference method. :rolleyes:

4. Mitch1984 thread starter macrumors 6502

Mitch1984

It worked. Seemed to give me more options than before too. Like a 'delivered mail box'