Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hasbeen29650

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 2, 2010
There is some discussion of this issue over on the Apple Support Forum. I thought I would try here and see if anyone can shed some light on the situation.

Apple upgraded the 1.6.3 version of the control panel yesterday to 1.6.4 which was supposed to fix some issues with syncing the new calendar with Outlook.

I had been using 1.6.3 with good success to sync from Outlook to MobileMe and back. I was even sharing calendars with my spouse on MobileMe and all was good. After the update, all events disappeared from the outlook calendar and I could not even force a copy of the MobileMe calendar back to outlook. It is like sync could not even find a calendar either in Outlook or MobileMe.

Syncing to the iPhone and iPad continued to work fine so the calendar is still doing it's thing up in MobileMe.

I spent a couple of hours in chat with two different Apple "advisors" to try and address this. They don't seem to have the ability to send me or give me access to a 1.6.3 version and the best I could get after a lot of uninstall and reinstall and rebooting attempts was that they would list me with the issue and contact me when they had addressed it. That sure makes me feel better:(

So the question is: does anyone have a copy of the install for MobileMe that is for 1.6.3? I tired googling for it and every web site that I could find that claimed to have 1.6.3 really downloaded 1.6.4 even if they did not tell you that is what it was. They all linked to the apple site to do the download so....

hasbeen29650

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 2, 2010
Found info on Apple Support Forums on a fix for 1.6.4 problems. You need to uncheck Calendar from the synced items. Apply that change and then go back and reselect it. At that point, it will ask what calendars you want to use and start syncing things again. Poor update process but at least there is a way around it. Hopefully someone will let the Apple chat advisors know about the work around.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.