Problem with multiple sound buttons.

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by timbojill, May 21, 2011.

1. macrumors member

The problem with how the app is now is the first time you press any of the buttons there is a 5 second delay. After that no problem
    Code:
    .h File for View

#import <UIKit/UIKit.h>
    #import<AVFoundation/AVAudioPlayer.h>

@interface buttonSoundViewController : UIViewController <AVAudioPlayerDelegate> {
        }
    -(IBAction) button1:(id)sender;
    -(IBAction) button2:(id)sender;
    -(IBAction) button3:(id)sender;
    -(IBAction) button4:(id)sender;
    -(IBAction) button5:(id)sender;
    -(IBAction) button6:(id)sender;
    -(IBAction) button7:(id)sender;

@end

Code:
    .M File

-(IBAction) button1:(id)sender{

NSString *path = [[NSBundle mainBundle] pathForResource:@"sound1" ofType:@"wav"];
        AVAudioPlayer* theAudio=[[AVAudioPlayer alloc] initWithContentsOfURL:[NSURL fileURLWithPath:path] error:NULL];

theAudio.delegate=self;
        [theAudio play];

}

-(IBAction) button2:(id)sender{

NSString *path = [[NSBundle mainBundle] pathForResource:@"sound2" ofType:@"wav"];
        AVAudioPlayer* theAudio=[[AVAudioPlayer alloc] initWithContentsOfURL:[NSURL fileURLWithPath:path] error:NULL];

theAudio.delegate=self;
        [theAudio play];

}

-(IBAction) button3:(id)sender{

NSString *path = [[NSBundle mainBundle] pathForResource:@"sound3" ofType:@"wav"];

theAudio.delegate=self;
        [theAudio play];

}

-(IBAction) button4:(id)sender{

NSString *path = [[NSBundle mainBundle] pathForResource:@"sound4" ofType:@"wav"];

theAudio.delegate=self;
        [theAudio play];

}

-(IBAction) button5:(id)sender{

NSString *path = [[NSBundle mainBundle] pathForResource:@"sound5" ofType:@"wav"];

theAudio.delegate=self;
        [theAudio play];

}

-(IBAction) button6:(id)sender{

NSString *path = [[NSBundle mainBundle] pathForResource:@"sound6" ofType:@"wav"];

theAudio.delegate=self;
        [theAudio play];

}

-(IBAction) button7:(id)sender{

NSString *path = [[NSBundle mainBundle] pathForResource:@"sound7" ofType:@"wav"];

theAudio.delegate=self;
        [theAudio play];

}

2. macrumors 6502

I remember reading somewhere that when you play an audio sound for the first time, there is a delay. After that it all runs fine. I think the author loaded one of his sounds in the viewDidLoad method with the volume at 0 and then when he played another sound there was no delay. I'll try and see if I can find exactly where I read it and post it for you.