Problem with my account and Getting an Activation email

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by Cross, Jul 6, 2006.

1. Cross macrumors regular

Hi Guys. I am not sure what is going on but everywhere I go to post it tells me there is a problem and its most likely that I need to activate the email sent to me... however I have resent it twice and its still not showing up.

I get all my other emails but even in my junk folder its not showing up.

So I am looking for a little help.

I have been around for quite some time. I am also not aware of any rules I may have broke but if I did I did not get any notice. I would handle any issue that need be.

Just trying to find out what kind of error I am having here.

Thanks so much!

2. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

Your membership looks perfectly normal, and shouldn't still be needing confirmation. You managed to post this request for help, so you aren't being prevented from posting. I suggest that you send me a Private Message to tell me the exact message you get and under what circumstances you get it, so I can double check all the forum settings for your membership.

If I learn something that might apply to other members as well, I'll post about it here.

3. skoker macrumors 68000

skoker

It sounds like he's trying to post a new thread in one of the threads that members can't post in (IE the news sections)

4. Cross thread starter macrumors regular

No not the news section I did try to post in the market place and I saw that the rules changed to a different thread count but I did try to post in another section (I have to check which one again) and it did not allow me it gave me an error stating that I was not alloud to post most likely due to not having confirmed my email address.

I don't post quite often so I never thought to recheck the Forum Rules or I just forgot them all together on the market place requirements.

I can send you an pm with the further information but I guess its just that post counts have prevented me from posting in certian area's and thats the problem I am having.

I will let you know what that other section was. I believe it was a hardware section since I was working on a solder chip replacement on my PBG4 that I went ahead and did and worked fine just as I expect it to.

Thanks for the help :D