problem with my Airport Extreme...

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by proverbs, Feb 20, 2007.

1. proverbs macrumors 6502

Mar 15, 2005
    just bought an airport extreme yesterday for my wireless network at home. i have a MBP, G5 and a cube. the cube is directly connected to the airport and works perfect. the G5 is in the computer room and it also works perfect on the wireless network. but for some reason, my MBP runs super slow on the wireless network, but works perfect when i connect it directly to the airport. i know it cant be my airport card in the mbp because i use a wireless network at my work with no problems.

can anyone help me out???

i was real embarrassed because i had previously bought a belkin router, which i got a killer deal on ($25), and was :mad: when i saw that the wireless network was running slow on my mbp. i gave a hard time to the people at belkin and thought if i dished out the $150+ with an :apple: airport, everything would be perfect. turns out this was not the case.
  2. proverbs thread starter macrumors 6502

Mar 15, 2005
    wow. i saw about 10 threads on this, and none of them had any solutions.

i was on the phone with apple for a couple HOURS today and none of the technicians could help me out. im really disappointed with the quality of customer service and lack of knowledge these "genius" techs have. the only thing they could tell me after we went through all the steps was to wait for an update that would fix the problem.

has anyone figured this out yet?
  3. gusanitoverde macrumors 6502

Jun 12, 2003
    Northern California
    i was explained that...

When you have an n-airport extreme and you connect wirelessly a g product, like an old mac, your network will slow down nasty. In other words, all your network must be n and no g's should be allowed wiressly. So if you have a g product, connect it directly to through ethernet and you should be fine.