problem with my super drive

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by ozric79, Apr 12, 2005.

1. ozric79 macrumors newbie

i have a 1,8dual g5 and my super drive didnt mount burned dvd why

how i can resolve that

2. robc2323 macrumors newbie

same problem

I have a DP2 G5 and it wont mount DVD's I burnt on it a year ago. Mostly the problem is from Shintaro disks, so far. I think there has been a firmware update that has gone wrong. When did you get your mac and what is the model of your superdrive?

3. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

Burned on what? On a PC? Were they burned as ISO9660 compliant (meaning usable on any platform other then Windows)?

4. robc2323 macrumors newbie

Details of burn

I burnt these disks in Toast mostly. Their settings were "DVD-Video" for the video folders and for data, I would burn the DVD-ROM (UDF) option half the time, and "Mac & PC" for the rest. I have about 50 Shintaro's that used to work fine and now don't. My issue is in mounting disks on my G5 that were burnt on my (same) G5 a year ago. I have not added any hardware upgrades and there is not much in the way of additional software on the system as I try to keep it pretty clean and lean. There are some software updates however. The OS updates to .8 & .9 in Panther were pretty poor for compatibility- I think this may be the issue but cannot be sure yet

5. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

Unusual.. tried the old school approach and used a DVD cleaner in your SuperDrive?

6. robc2323 macrumors newbie

dvd cleaner

I will be getting a cleaner disk this week to try and fix it. I have even reset my preferences (apple+option+P+R on boot) and played around with disk utility so there is not much more I can do. The only superdrive firmware update on apple is not for my drive and if the cleaner fails to work then I will have to get it to the Apple Store for a fix.

Thanks for your interest in my drive problem

Rob

Go Bannana