Problem with my SuperDrive...?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by asherman13, Dec 25, 2006.

1. asherman13 macrumors 6502a

asherman13

Hey all...I'm not really sure how to explain this problem, but here goes. I have a 1.83Ghz MacBook Pro with all the latest updates.

My disc-burning drive, a single-layer SuperDrive, has been acting odd lately. When there's a disc in the computer, it plays properly, no problems whatsoever. When I eject the disc, it comes out, and then my computer, every few seconds or so, tries to keep ejecting the disc. When I try to insert a disc into the empty, attempting-to-eject drive, it physically won't go in, unless I hold it to the drive and apply a little bit of pressure for a given amount of time until just the right second during the disc-ejection sequence when I can slide the DVD or CD into the drive, at which point the computer behaves normally with the disc until I eject it.

Can anybody explain what's going on, and now I can fix it? I've tried restarting, and that doesn't fix it.

Thanks!

2. Reflow macrumors 68000

Reflow

Looks like a trip to the apple store... to fix your bad drive

3. asherman13 thread starter macrumors 6502a

asherman13

That should be fun...especially since I'm in a country which doesn't have any Apple stores, and the only authorized repair place / reseller requires your original receipt before they even look at your computer...:(