problem with new printer (MFC-420CN)

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by h0e0h, Dec 25, 2005.

1. h0e0h macrumors 6502a

h0e0h

My brother got this Brother MFC-420CN for christmas, and I installed it but everytime he goes to print something the freakin program crashes that he was trying to print from. Any suggestions?

2. After G macrumors 68000

After G

hmm ... try these

1) try different programs. sounds like you are trying to print from only one.

2) reinstall the printer, with downloaded drivers from the internet (not ones off the CD).

3) might be a faulty cable. swap with another one.

4) return the printer and get an exchange. might be bad hardware.

3. h0e0h thread starter macrumors 6502a

h0e0h

i just tried to print from my PB and mini both and the programs all crashed. I'm starting to think that there is a problem with the included drivers not being the right ones for tiger. i'm trying to download the new ones now, but Brother's site is being a pain. hopefully that's the case so i don't have to go with him to fight the line at office depot to return something.

4. h0e0h thread starter macrumors 6502a

h0e0h

drivers

figured out the problem... the CD that was included with the printer had 10.3 drivers on it and when i tried to download the new drivers from the Brother website on the 26th the site was down. i called Brother on the 27th and they told me that i couldn't download the drivers because the site wasn't working on the 26th because no one was there to maintain it. i downloaded the new drivers on the 27th and everything works just fine now.