Problem with Safari Version 2

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by fbrown, May 13, 2005.

1. fbrown macrumors newbie

Occasionaly, Safari is unable to load some web sites. I will receive an error message that reads: "Safari can’t open the page. The error was: “bad server response” (NSURLErrorDomain:-1011) Please choose Report Bug to Apple from the Safari menu, note the error number, and describe what you did before you saw this message."

Sometimes when loading a page, Safari will open its resource folder instead of displaying the page.

What's the problem?

-FBrown

2. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

Knowing nothing about the websites that you are trying to access, I cannot say anything definitive about your problems. However, the most likely reason that you cannot access a particular server is that the server is experiencing heavy network traffic. The second most likely reason is that the server is offline. The takeway message here is that it is not always about you.

3. fbrown thread starter macrumors newbie

Definitely a Safari Problem

Well, I've been trying to log into one of my Yahoo mail accounts--that' s where I have the problem. I have another Yahoo account that works fine though.

Also, I have tried to view items on ebay and experienced the same problem. It usually happens when I click on the item to enlarge it.

It's most certainly a Safari problem. I don't have a problem when I use Explorer. Although, I use Explorer on a PC. Maybe it's a Tiger issue.

FBrown

4. DXoverDY macrumors 6502a

is it an immediate error? like when you click the button the error pops up immediately or does it kinda sit there for a bit and then show up after nothing happens?

5. fbrown thread starter macrumors newbie

6. DXoverDY macrumors 6502a

ok the error you mention .. NSURLErrorDomain.. that particular error relates somehow to gzip compression failing... or so it seems. sounds more like an issue with the server than anything else. try turning on private browsing in safari and try that... i think your cache might be causing it to fail the first time.. then refreshing solves it.

7. fbrown thread starter macrumors newbie

8. DXoverDY macrumors 6502a

safari menu, empty cache...

9. fbrown thread starter macrumors newbie

Doesn't work

I even tried resetting Safari. Doesn't work.