Problem with Save and Other Option Panes.

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by JamesS, May 16, 2005.

1. JamesS macrumors newbie

My Powerbook G4 has had a recurring problem for a few months now, that I just don't know how to fix. I've never been great with fixing problems on computers, so I don't know where to start.

The problem is this: Whenever a status window comes up on some of the applications that involves me to choose something (Yes, no, cancel), the program will suddenly quit unless I'm able to choose a request right away (like by hitting Return on the keyboard.) I'm not sure if I'm explaining this well enough.

Take this for example:
    If I am working on a project in iMovie and I close the program, when the little window pops up prompting me to save, don't save, or cancel, the program immediatly quits and a new window pops up saying that the application iMovie has unexpectantly quit.

I have no idea how to fix this problem, so if anyone thinks they have an idea of what I could do, I'd greatly appreciate some help.

Thank you.

2. Eniregnat macrumors 68000

Eniregnat

Every program? If so, I think the OS should be reinstalled from scratch. In the short term, save before you quit (obvious-I know.) If it is just certain applications, perhpas reinstalling thoes applications might help. Perhaps you should start there (with the latter) as it will take less time.

3. JamesS thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the info. I'm not exactly sure how Igo about reinstalling the OS, won't I lose everything onmy computer. Don't I need to back everything up first? How do I do that, and how do I retrieve everything once I do reinstall?