Problem with simulator (sound)

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by Soulstorm, Apr 4, 2009.

1. macrumors 68000

Soulstorm

I am using the simulator to make an application that uses sound. For sound, I am using SoundEngine.h from the CrashLanding.app. The problem is that although the actual iPhone device runs the program correctly, the simulator crashes with the following error:

Code:
    2009-04-04 16:19:10.935 SoulApp 0.71[476:20b] Error loading /Library/QuickTime/DivX Decoder.component/Contents/MacOS/DivX Decoder:  dlopen(/Library/QuickTime/DivX Decoder.component/Contents/MacOS/DivX Decoder, 262): Symbol not found: _SCDynamicStoreCopyConsoleUser
      Referenced from: /System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/LangAnalysis.framework/Versions/A/LangAnalysis
      Expected in: /Developer/Platforms/iPhoneSimulator.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneSimulator2.2.1.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks/SystemConfiguration.framework/Versions/A/SystemConfiguration

The code I use is this:
    Code:
    SoundEngine_Initialize(44100);
    SoundEngine_SetListenerPosition(0.0, 0.0, 1.0);
    SoundEngine_LoadBackgroundMusicTrack([[[NSBundle mainBundle]pathForResource:@"hopeless" ofType:@"wav"]UTF8String], NO, YES);
    SoundEngine_StartBackgroundMusic();
    What could be the reason for the simulator crashing but not the actual device?

2. macrumors newbie

The simulator is crashing because it is finding unexpected codecs in your quicktime folder. To fix this problem, simply navigate to,

Your HardDrive >> Library >> Quicktime

and remove all the codecs that it is complaining about. In this case it appears to be unhappy with

DivX Decoder.component