Problem with text/calls occasionally not coming through - app related

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by jdaniel, Mar 9, 2011.

1. macrumors 65816

So the problem is I have encountered a few instances where calls and texts do not come through. It goes directly to the subscriber is not available message.

So here is the thing I can think of 2 apps that affect calls. iblacklist and auto3g.
    I do not think it is iblacklist because it is not bouncing off the calls like it is programmed to do. Auto3g I am not too sure but it happens sporadically it is hard to test.

Thing is when I enter a code.. provided by the telco to cancel all diverts..suddenly all of the texts and such come flooding through. Thing is, it is not diverted so why would a network thing affect this?

Previously I have had the telco do a reset whatever that means, I have also left my phone off for 15mins when this happened before and I havent had an issue till today..

So I wonder if it is the apps or a faulty phone.

2. thread starter macrumors 65816

Anyone?

3. macrumors newbie

Not too sure if im correct but i have a similar problem like this with my iphone 3gs, but i'm in the UK on Orange. I just got told to turn off the 3g and it works. Question is though aren't i paying for the 3g service?

4. thread starter macrumors 65816

thing is with auto3g and when i am at home on wifi my 3g is set to turn off...and that is when I notice the problems.

5. macrumors 6502

Well I do not have an answer on this one but I have the same issues. I say lets post our info and see if we can find similarities between us.

iPhone4 ver 4.2.1

Jailbreak apps:
    MobileTerminal
    MyWi
    AptBackup
    Winterboard
    BytaFont
    SynergyClient
    NES AD
    biteSMS
    SBSettings
    Lockinfo

I do have some custom themes installed as well.

6. thread starter macrumors 65816

I have like 70 LOL but I have Aptbackup, Winterboard, Sbsettings from your list. And I dont have any themes that I am using at the moment.

Today seems to be fine, no issues yet.

7. thread starter macrumors 65816

In case anyone was wondering or have similar problems... i deleted auto 3g and that seems to have solved the problem. apparently it is the switching to edge that is causing the network issues.