problem with tony hawlk pro skt8 on ibook

Discussion in 'Games' started by arcterix100, Aug 3, 2004.

1. arcterix100 macrumors newbie

hey guys,

I just picked up my ibook this morning at my local mac dealer and i have to tell u its one hell of a nice laptop. Ive noticed something tho.. while playing with tony hawlk pro skater 4 (preinstalled in the computer) i noticed that in career mode, the instructions in terms of letters to press to do tricks are incorrect.. in exemple they state that to talk you need to type G and i have to type k or something.. anybody else having this problem or knowing how to solve it??

thanks
    pete

2. phonemonkey macrumors regular

It took me a while when I first got the ibook. Make sure the number lock key is pressed, it should take care of things. I'd recommend getting a gamepad though, the setup is a b*tch with the keypad.

3. ijimk macrumors 6502a

ijimk

i would have to agree try the num lock the laptops keyboard is a bit different from the traditional mac keyboard. Let us know how it turns out.

4. pgc6000 macrumors 6502a

Yeah I find Tony Hawk games to be more of controller games. I like the keyboard with a lot of my games but I find TW better with a gamepad. I use a gamepad when I play it on my iBook.

5. arcterix100 thread starter macrumors newbie

th

thanks guys,

found out the problem,, the settings for the keybord were all messed up. anybody can tell me what a gamepad is?

thanks

pete

6. pgc6000 macrumors 6502a

Ever see a video game controller? That's basicly what they except they are for the computer.

7. arcterix100 thread starter macrumors newbie

controler

oh now i see.. and they have usb ports?

8. CoolGirlMpk macrumors newbie

Question about THPS4 game as well

Alright, the game runs fine and everything (i moved the trick buttons to numbers, easier for me) but i have a question. I cant seem to change the hair color or shirt color or any color for that matter. the sliders work, but nothing is changed. i moved the saturation and all the sliders around and it does nothing. i cant figure it out! lol ok, well if anyone knows why this happens or how to fix it, post please, thanks :)

9. applekid macrumors 68020

There should be something along the lines "Accept Changes" and then a confirmation.

10. neoelectronaut macrumors 68020

neoelectronaut

11. mason623 macrumors newbie

Problem with the gamepad

i just got one of these in the mail this morning to use on a 12 in ibook i have with thps 4 on it. But I can't get mine to work, i've tried restarting, the program the computer, no luck. How do i get this thing to work??

12. neoelectronaut macrumors 68020

neoelectronaut

Did you go to Gamepad settings when you launch THPS? (Hold Option)

13. mason623 macrumors newbie

thanks alot!!

Thanks for the helpful advice, i'd searched countless forums looking for this info and you're the only one whose mentioned holding down option...
    I'm new to the mac games thing though, mostly a design tool for me. But this game pad could change that now. Thanks again.

14. neoelectronaut macrumors 68020

neoelectronaut

If you hold down the option key when double-clicking the THPS4 icon this options menu should come up:

[​IMG]

From here you can remap all the buttons on your gamepad to how you wish.

If you have any more questions feel free to ask.