Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tomg466

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 30, 2011
Hello

I am a DJ and I record my mixes onto Logic. My last mixer had a USB output I could use, and I could record fine into Logic. I have upgraded my mixer, which doesn't have a USB out, so now I must use my Macbook Pro's audio port.

In System Preferences > Sound, I change the 'Use audio port for:' to 'Sound Input', and when playing music through my decks the signal is picked up, and the levels are fine.

However, I am not sure how to get Logic to recognise the audio port as an input, and therefore allow me the option of recording with it. At the moment Logic gives me no options for an audio input (since no USBs or anything else is connected), so I cannot record anything with it.

Is there something blatantly obvious that I'm missing here? Even with an audio interface, unless it has a USB Output, there is no way I can record with it. What am I doing wrong here?

Any help is appreciated.

Tom

Tomg466

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 30, 2011
Omg thank you. I never even thought to check Logic's input device. This will save me a lot of time cheers.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.