problems booting after os 10.2 install

Discussion in 'macOS' started by madmax_2069, Sep 12, 2005.

1. madmax_2069 macrumors 6502a

madmax_2069

im installing mac oc 10.2 on a beige G3 rev b logic board with 128 mb ram and 4 gig hdd 266mhz. i can boot from the cd into the installer, install, and disk utility but when it restarts either i get a flopy with a ? in it or it shows a happy face and restarts or it shows a white screen with the words can't open writing across the screen about 50 times then it goes to the happy face then reboots.i dunno what is wrong i even tryed another hdd and the same thing.i even tryed to re install mac os 9.2.2 but now when it shows the happy face it reboots now so i cant re install mac os 9.2.2 every time it see's the smilly it reboots.but if i put the mac osx install cd in it loads fine into the installer but i tryed about 5 times to install but the same thing happens. can any one help me

2. madmax_2069 thread starter macrumors 6502a

madmax_2069

would it be better to just buy a mac os 10 and then go to 10.2 ??? ever since i put the mac os 10.2 install cd in the mac it wont boot at all only restart once it goes to the happy face except form the mac os 10.2 cd 1.what file format should i use mac os extended or ufs??? i tryed to zap pram and still the same does it require a bigger hdd than a 4 gig.???? what gets me is the white screen with the can't open writing across the screen.did the install cd update firmware to somthing that is causing problems.cause id like to try to install mac os 9.2.2 on the hdd and start from there but it wont even boot from the mac os 9.2.2 cd it restarts every time. the way it seems is that installing mac os is harder than installing windows 98 or xp. im lost help plz

3. madmax_2069 thread starter macrumors 6502a

madmax_2069

4. madmax_2069 thread starter macrumors 6502a

madmax_2069

i have 2 power macintosh G3 all-in-one (see sig) one i use as the main computer and the other had a bad hhd (but i fixed that tho) that i use to test with. i tryed to install mac os 10.2 on the test mac but ran into some big problems. i guess no one knows how to fix the problem i dunno how much i tryed to fix it pressed the cuda button reset pram by holding the command option p r , tryed to reset the nvram or open firmware still wont load up the mac os 9.2.2 install cd but it will load up the mac os 10.2 install cd just fine but after the install hell it dont even ask me for the other disk's when installing could it be a bad install cd should try to get another mac os 10.2 cause it does have some scretches on it but it seems to have no problems booting up the install cd it just wont boot up the os once its on the hdd or boot from the mac os 9.2.2 install cd every time it tryes to boot from the hdd with the mac os 10.2 on it it say's can't open accros the screen at first then it goes to the happy mac screen then re boots,and when i put the mac os 9.2.2 install cd in it wont even try to boot sometimes when it does it goes to the happy mac screen then reboots i can leave it on trying to do this and all day it will reboot could it have been the mac os 10.2 install cd that messed it up i dunno if i want to even touch the mac os 10.2 on the working mac i use cause im afraid of screwing it to where it wont boot any thing but since i already have the hdd in this mac partitioned the right way to accept mac os 10.2 i should try but dont want to screw it up like the test mac of the same kind

sorry if i lost every one cause of my bad grammer and spelling