Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

neocell

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 23, 2005
Great White North
So I'm out on vacation, have my PB and iPod with me, just rented a car and it has a mp3 CD player in it. Since I didn't bring my radio transmitter along with me to listen to the music from my iPod, I thought why don't I just burn a mp3 CD of my most listened to playlist. So I chuck a blank CD into my PB, fire up iTunes (6.0.1) and I'm greeted with this lovely message when I try to burn the playlist, "disc burner or software not found..." What the hell is this? Anyone know how I can burn a playlist? Thanks in advance

Attachments

• Picture 2.png
    Picture 2.png
    77.7 KB · Views: 99

yoda13

macrumors 65816
Sep 26, 2003
Texas
Hmm, I don't know. Are you trying to burn mp3 cds of tunes that you downloaded from the iTMS? I know you can't do that. Other than a possible hardware issue, that is the only thing I can think of that might be causing that type of message....:confused:

neocell

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 23, 2005
Great White North
No, all my mp3s are ripped from CDs without encoding them. I did a search and came up with some stuff from early 2000 and 2001 talking about this problem with iTunes 1.x and OS 9, apparently apple didn't put the burning software in with iTunes at the start and you had to download a patch. Anyways I downloaded Disc Burner (from version tracker), decompressed it, clicked on the app file, restarted iTunes and now burning from iTunes works (very weird). Anyways I guess it doesn't really matter, as when I was initially playing around with it, I just dragged the music folder to the burn folder in finder and burnt then disc. I then thought that a mp3 disc needed to be burnt through iTunes in order to get an appropriate lead in and lead out for each song, but alas no. The car's CD player apparently scans the disc for any mp3s on it and will play them. So now I have two discs of my playlist, and I'll be able to listen to some good tunes on my drive to Vegas tonight.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.