Problems burning dvd from quicktime using toast

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by davideo78, Jun 14, 2006.

1. davideo78 macrumors newbie

Jun 14, 2006
    Ive been experiencing difficulties when taking a full quality dv (quicktime) file from final cut pro and burning it onto dvd. The good quality is apparent but there are occasional clusters of pixels. I am baffled by the fact that the quality is prestine when played on the computer from the file. I have been using the video section of Toast titanium to burn the disc and was wondering if anyone knew why this is happening and how I can solve it. Its driving me mad.
  2. quigleybc macrumors 68030

Jun 17, 2005
    Beautiful Vancouver British Columbia, Canada
    I'm not sure, but I'm going to assume it is because the process of putting it onto a DVD in Toast is compressing the original DV file, causing the pixilation...
  3. MisterMe macrumors G4

Jul 17, 2002
    Do you get the pixelation when you play the DVD in a DVD player, computer, or what?
  4. davideo78 thread starter macrumors newbie

Jun 14, 2006
    The problem is with DVD player playback

The problem is with DVD player playback. Ive tried IDvd but it states that it cant find the required hardware. Im using an external Lacie dvd burner and Ive only got the Toast software that came with it.
  5. Artful Dodger macrumors 68020

Artful Dodger

May 28, 2004
    In a false sense of reality...My Mind!
    I'm wondering what type of media your using as it could be bad/poor media as well as other issues. The playing back part that's good is from the footage from FCP before going threw Toast or after? Just making sure I understand it and have you tried another player?
  6. neocell macrumors 65816

May 23, 2005
    Great White North
    How are you actually burning the file using toast? Are you using Data > DVD-ROM or Video > DVD-Video, or DVD-Video from Video_TS or DivX Disc? All three of the Video tab options have compression stuff potentially happening that may be causing the pixelation.
  7. davideo78 thread starter macrumors newbie

Jun 14, 2006
    The media I’m using is originally full quality dv from a camera which I have then exported from fcp as an edited full quality dv quicktime file. When playing this file with quicktime it looks fine. I then dragged this file into the DVD-Video section of toast . It then encoded and wrote the disc. The pixels appear when on the dvd player and the same thing happens in other dvd players.