Problems connecting my Wii

Discussion in 'Games' started by Josephkyles, Dec 7, 2006.

1. Josephkyles macrumors regular

Sep 7, 2006
    My Wii can detect my wireless, but it can't connect to it. I keep getting Error 52031. Any help?:eek:
  2. SamIchi macrumors 68030

Aug 1, 2004
    I've been getting a different error. The Wii's have been known to have connection problems. You can try shutting off your computers, so the wifi is only available to the wii giving it a better chance to connect, or maybe there's too much traffic with other's trying to connect; try again at a later time. Then there's always the possibility of the Wii just being defective. You can go to and search the error, but I found that it doesn't give much information on how to resolve the problem. You can also call Nintendo and they'll replace it or repair it, but who wants to wait like a week for repairs. I think the replacement is quicker and you get a new one. :D Good luck and let me know how it turns out.

I think I might have to replace mine. I've been tryin every day but no avail.
  3. rob finch macrumors member

Mar 24, 2006
    It took me three hours to get mine online! I got the same error plus a couple of others before it worked on these settings :-

Wireless Mode - B only
    Channel 1 (or 11 also works apparently)
    WPA security with pre-shared key
    Frame Burst disabled
    Access Point Isolation enabled

Good luck.
  4. takao macrumors 68040

Dec 25, 2003
    Dornbirn (Austria)
    hm perhaps it's your router who is causing some problems... you might check out the nintendo site for some router settings for best compatibility

sadly i can't speak from experience since ours (DLink 524 ... or was it 624) worked without a problem as soon as i choose the correct encryption (the net was running TKIP and i took AES since i was to lazy to ask)
  5. rowanhall macrumors member

Dec 27, 2004
    Belfast, Northern Ireland
    my wii wouldn't connnect either

checked the specs and the wii is 802.11b only

my router was set for 'turbo' 802.llg only

so i changed the router to the 802.11b/802.11g mode and the wii connected no problems!

6. NYmacAttack macrumors 6502

Dec 8, 2005
    Most wireless problems with the Wii are centered around the router you use. I personally did not have a problem after I set it to point at the right router. :rolleyes:
  7. SamIchi macrumors 68030

Aug 1, 2004
    Hmm that might be my problem. I forgot the the Wii is "b". I gotta check that, I hope it fixes the problem.
  8. apfhex macrumors 68030

Aug 8, 2006
    Northern California
    The Wii supposedly supports 802.11b and g, but I can't confirm that.

Nintendo's tech support site is actually extremely useful. Head over to and enter your error code to see what the problem may be.

BTW more information is necessary for us to help... what router do you have, how is it configured? WEP, WPA security? Etc.
  9. paddy macrumors 6502a

Jun 25, 2005
    Ya I'm getting that 52031 code too, really annoying!

Edit: I have a Netopia 3347W router, configured in bridge mode (only way I could get the damn thing to work), don't know what kind of security it has on (their apple support isn't the best so I don't know where to access the info) any ideas how to make it connect?
  10. SamIchi macrumors 68030

Aug 1, 2004
    I got the 110213 Error and I've tried everything. I googled it and it looks like I'm goin to have to call for a replacement. Good thing is that they'll send you a replacement with a return shipping label so you don't have to be sans Wii. Which i really didn't want to happen.