Problems connecting to LaCie disk over Airport network

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by ShaneShirey, Dec 10, 2005.

1. ShaneShirey macrumors newbie

I own three Apple computers, two Airport Express', and two LaCie external hard drives. One of the computers is an eMac and the other two are a Powerbook and an iBook. The LaCie disks are hooked up to the eMac. The eMac is hooked directly into one Airport Express as it doesn't have Airport built in. Powerbook and iBook are wireless internet through the Airport Express'. I keep both laptops connected wirelessly to their LaCie's through the eMac because both of their respective iTunes libraries are on each LaCie. The iMac has been working fine but after months of working fine, the Powerbook keeps dropping the connection to it's LaCie disk. I can connect to the eMac and see the other drives connected to it but not the LaCie that is assigned to the Powerbook. That LaCie disk randomly appears whenever in my network again after a period of time. It is accessible from the eMac this whole time. Neither the iBook or Powerbook can see it though.

My question is, why is this losing connection and what can I do to stop it from doing so?

2. ShaneShirey thread starter macrumors newbie