Problems downloading files - Safari & Firefox

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by germ war, Feb 21, 2005.

1. germ war macrumors member

For a few weeks now, perhaps triggered by the 10.3.8 update, I've been trying to download the newest version of Adium. I've tried both Safari and Mozilla Firefox, but I'm having an unusual problem.

When I click the file to be downloaded, the download window never comes up in either browser. It just refreshes the page. I tried going to Mozilla.org to download something off their page (Firefox, Thunderbird, ANYTHING really...) and nothing would work - it would just refresh the page.

I've reset Safari, and nothing seems to help. Any ideas what might be causing this problem, and is anyone else experiencing a similar issue?

2. germ war thread starter macrumors member

3. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

What happens when you try to download it using this link:

http://internap.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/adium/AdiumX_0.77.dmg

Also, when you say that the download window doesn't come up, do you mean that it gets as far as the mirror page, but then just refreshes, or do you mean that you never even get to the mirror page from the main AdiumX page?

Try downloading it with your pop-up and ad- blockers disabled....Is it possible that the site somehow got on a content filter somewhere? I have 10.3.8 and FF1.0 with pop-up blocking enabled and AdBlock on, and I can download it.