Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cuthbert

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 4, 2008
Is anyone else having issues with downloading this movie. I bought the HD version two days ago. Itunes has it as downloading, but the movie progress continues to be 0%. What the heck?! The ipod version downloaded right away, the iTunes extras downloaded right away, but the HD version does not download at all.

I've tried deleting it and then redownloading it and nothing. Any suggestions that you have would be nice. Thanks in advance.

jaw04005

macrumors 601
Aug 19, 2003
AR
I haven’t purchased Up (bought the Blu-ray) from iTunes, but I had that happen once with an HD TV episode. I ended up contacting the iTunes Store and they did something on their end to fix it. Also, they credited me back the $2.99, so I would contact them — you might get your $19.99 back.

Something you can also try: close iTunes, go into your iTunes folder and look for downloads, delete the truncated UP file and then re-check for downloads from within iTunes.

surgedc5

macrumors regular
Jan 20, 2008
Southern California
why would you purchase UP from itunes when you can buy the blu-ray for the same price? you also get the dvd and digital copy with it?

BTW isnt itunes HD content 720p? :confused:

soLoredd

macrumors 6502a
Mar 12, 2007
California
why would you purchase UP from itunes when you can buy the blu-ray for the same price? you also get the dvd and digital copy with it?

BTW isnt itunes HD content 720p? :confused:

Good Lord. Please, go away. Maybe he doesn't have a blu-ray player? Maybe he wants to buy it from iTunes? Maybe it's more convenient? Maybe he has a 720P TV, like me, so who gives a rats ass about 1080P?

Seriously, grow up.

Cuthbert

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 4, 2008
Good Lord. Please, go away. Maybe he doesn't have a blu-ray player? Maybe he wants to buy it from iTunes? Maybe it's more convenient? Maybe he has a 720P TV, like me, so who gives a rats ass about 1080P?

Seriously, grow up.

Absolutely! I don't have a blu-ray. There's a reason that I bought the apple tv. My entire library is converted to digital format. About 600 gigs worth (200 plus movies).

Update: I got my $20 back.
However! Tried downloading Star Trek in HD tonight and the same thing happened! I have factory restored my apple tv and redownloaded 3.0.1. I am also up to date on my iTunes version.

What is the deal here?

SpaceKitty

macrumors 68040
Nov 9, 2008
Fort Collins Colorado

Seriously, grow up.

That's the same reason I buy from iTunes as well. I don't want a blu-ray player. I'm perfectly happy buying all my movies on iTunes and I've been doing it for two years now.

We all have our reasons for doing what we do.

So to the OP, is it only the HD copy that isn't downloading or both copies? I had this happen before but I just waited a few days.

Hot Snowboarder

macrumors 6502
Jan 2, 2009
Behind you...!
Don't know if this is the deal in america.

But its cheaper to buy Blu-ray copies of new release movies than iTunes HD copies in australia.

As noted, it's also full HD.

We don't really have data plans that make HD downloads viable here either.

Cuthbert

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 4, 2008
So to the OP, is it only the HD copy that isn't downloading or both copies? I had this happen before but I just waited a few days.

It's just the HD copy that isn't downloading. The ipod copy and iTunes extras = no problem.

Cuthbert

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 4, 2008
Update: The issue appears to be my ISP. Quest recently downloaded firmware onto my 2wire modem without my knowledge.

Cuthbert

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 4, 2008
We have Qwest also but have never had any problems downloading HD vidoes from iTunes.

It was my modem. The 2wire modem is a piece of you know what. I went in yesterday, got a new modem, and now everything works great.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.