Problems downloading Savage

Discussion in 'Games' started by YoYoMac, Apr 5, 2005.

1. YoYoMac macrumors regular

YoYoMac

I bought Savage and have tried to download it from their website 3 times now. it never works. I only have 2 chances left. Anybody else have this problem? I would get the CD, but I live in China, so downloading is the only way. If anyone knows how to get this to work, then help a fellow gamer out.

2. applekid macrumors 68020

All I can think of is just to contact Virtual Programming. Tech support should be nice since they're a small company.

What type of file is it? .dmg?

3. YoYoMac thread starter macrumors regular

YoYoMac

It's a .zip. I have contacted them, but no one has emailed me back yet. I emailed them last night. 12 hours should have gotten me a response.

4. applekid macrumors 68020

Yeah, right! Different time zones, BTW. You're in China, they're somewhere in Europe.

So what exactly is the problem? What do you mean by "it never works"? The download never finishes? Does it not unzip? Does it not install? Does it not load after installation? What?

5. JzzTrump22 macrumors 65816

I think he means he can't even connect to their server to actually start the download.

6. YoYoMac thread starter macrumors regular

YoYoMac

Sorry that I wasn't specific enough. I can connect to the server, but the file is supposed to be like 350 meg I think. I start the download and it starts downloading, but then it stops at some random number. The first time it was like 8k and it stopped. then the second time it downloaded like 90megs, then it said the download was finished. Of course the file didn't work.

It's been 24 hours and no email from them.

7. applekid macrumors 68020

*Could* be a problem with Safari. Sometimes large files just quit downloading in Safari. IE should be almost sure to be able to download the file (or at least I never had trouble with IE).

8. JzzTrump22 macrumors 65816

I agree, IE usually works for just about everything.

9. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

I've never had a problem downloading large files with Safari.. up to ~500MB.

10. YoYoMac thread starter macrumors regular

YoYoMac

Ok, this sucks. I downloaded the file. But it downloaded it as a .php file. it's name was index.php I used IE and all I did was click on the button to download it. Its 350 megs but its a php file. so I changed the extension to .dmg. nothing. now I'm trying .zip but thats not working so far either.

And they still haven't replied to my email. I have used up all 5 of my downloads and still don't have the game. This sucks.

Wait....ha while I was typing, the zip unzipped and it stuck the .dmg on my desktop. it's installing now. Great.

11. patseguin macrumors 65816

patseguin

Me neither. I download 2GB+ files (MacOS X seeds) with no problems ever.

12. applekid macrumors 68020

I don't mean large files in general, but sometimes certain large downloads decide to cut off at a certain point. For example, there was a particular episode of Red vs. Blue I tried to download, but it was like the largest one they ever had and it always crapped out with Safari near last few megs.

Well, anyways, I'm glad everything went well for you YoYoMac. Make sure to burn a copy of that game just in case. And, do update us if/when you get an e-mail message. I recommend also sending a complaint about having troubles with downloading with Safari.