Problems on Apple Site

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by mariahlullaby, Apr 18, 2005.

1. mariahlullaby macrumors 6502a

mariahlullaby

Is anyone experiencing any problems logging into the Apple site? I'm trying to see how fast/expensive it would be to ship a stock 12" PB (my first Mac!) overnight but each time I try to go to "Checkout" I get a page that says "Bad Request." Anyone else experiencing similar problems?

I finally got my check for my PC, depositing it tomorrow (anyone know how long it takes for funds to clear?). I'm going out of town this weekend and will be sitting in the back of a car for 7+ hours, and I have a lot of schoolwork, so I'd like to have the book to bring along. I don't want to bring my PC, obviously since I'm selling it. Is it ridiculous to try and get the PB here in time? Everything I've ordered from Apple has shipped same or next day. I could try and get to the Apple Store and just pick one up, but I don't see that happening because my parents would have to drive me and it's an hour away.

Anyways, can anyone else log in? Thanks.

2. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

I tried putting Tiger in my cart (again :rolleyes: :D) and checking out, and it worked all right for me. Try clearing your cache, cookies, etc, and starting over. :( Or call them on the phone. I actually ended up doing the latter to ask a question, when I bought my iBook, and just finished the order on the phone. It's a little annoying because you have to carefully spell out so many details, but if you give them your e-mail address, you will even get shipping confirmations and stuff by e-mail, even though you did not order online, and will be able to track your order on the website.

In terms of the trip, I don't remember if you really wanted a stock PB from your previous posts, but I personally wouldn't make the sacrifice of not doing BTO, if I wanted it, just to get it for a car trip, even though I'd be really really really tempted to. :( Although with the PB, there are less BTO options that are critical....

Good luck, Mariah! :)

3. mariahlullaby thread starter macrumors 6502a

mariahlullaby

I'll try that (though I hate clearing cookies because it's a pain to reenter half the info). It seems as though I can't get into my account at all.

On the PB, the only option I would would have upgraded was the HD to 100 GB, and I use an 80GB now, so I'm fine with that. If I run out of space, 20 GB won't last me anyway, so I'd just get an external drive. I'm upgrading the RAM 3rd party, so stock is fine. I was originally going to get an iMac or 15" powerbook, but I decided I really wanted the portability of the 12" as I'll be taking it to college with me. I'll get a monitor to hook it up to as soon as I get the funds.

Thanks for your advice!

EDIT: It worked, but I see no overnight shipping. I guess there's really no point then :(. Thanks though!

4. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

If you do it two-day and get it on Thursday, is that not enough time? :(

5. mariahlullaby thread starter macrumors 6502a

mariahlullaby

Well, that's assuming the check clears the same day (I thought it usually takes at least 2 days), Apple ships same day, and it takes exactly 2 days for it to arrive (it says 2-3 days on the site). Might as well play it by ear, you never know, it's only $15 extra.

:)

6. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

You can pay by check on the Apple website store? :eek:

7. mariahlullaby thread starter macrumors 6502a

mariahlullaby

No (at least not that I'm aware of), but I need to deposit the check from selling my PC before I buy the PB. I don't want to find out it bounced and have a $1600 charge on the credit card while it gets sorted out. So, it has to clear first.