Problems rebooting mac

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by biskus, Sep 19, 2006.

1. biskus macrumors newbie

Hi

I have troubles triying to reboot mi Mac from a CD. I have tried with several bootable CDs and pressint the C key, but the mac simply goes on and doesn't let me use the CD. Also, I tried pressing the option key with the same result. Can anybody give some advice?
    I have a mac mini G4

2. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

Is this your Mac OS CD (DVD?). Or is this something you burned and are trying to boot from? Cause there is a trick to doing that. You have to use Disk Utility.

If it is the Mac OS CD is it the one you got with your machine? Not all CD's boot all Macs (although most modern ones do).

3. biskus thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi
    It's something I burned, but I used the Disk utility and made a .cdr file. Do you think it could be a problem with the keybooard?

4. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

Well your 'c' key worked fine there. I really think it's the disk you made. Maybe take a look at Apple.com to figure out maybe what went wrong, cause I don't know how to make a bootable CD off the top of my head.

5. biskus thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks, I'll try that. The other thing that troules me is that the option key doesn't work either at the begining

6. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

'The beginning' ? You mean at startup right? That only works when you have multiple bootables drives available. Not with media (CD's, DVD's, etc.).

7. biskus thread starter macrumors newbie

Sorry, that's right, I meant the startup. Well, I'm learning something now, I was sure I can use the option key to select the bootable CD