problems ripping some dvds

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by thumb, Oct 24, 2006.

1. thumb macrumors 6502

Hi all,

I haven't been here in a while, tried searching to see if this is common, but no luck.

I own a number of dvds, but when travelling, I like to view them off of the HDD instead of the disc, so I use mac the ripper and watch them that way.

Lately, a few of my new dvds crash in the middle (or very begining) of the video.

Is this an error, is there some change to the protection on my dvds? is there a good work-around.

Cheers and thanks

thumb

2. dmelgar macrumors 68000

I'm trying to use 'mac the ripper' on a macbook and it starts up but crashes before I can even ask it to do anything. I'm running Mac OS X 10.4.8. I haven't found references to similar problems on the web. Any idea what could be the problem?

Theres a crash log in $HOME/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/MacTheRipper.crash.log. It reports
    Exception: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (0x0001)
    Codes: KERN_PROTECTION_FAILURE (0x0002) at 0x00000004

3. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

A scratched disc could cause this... I dunno, I use Handbrake personally, and never have any troubles with it (touch wood). :)

4. xyian macrumors 6502

xyian

It sounds like the 4GB issue with the Santa Rosa MBs. I have had the same issues since I installed my second stick of RAM.:mad: