Problems transfering music from Mac to PC

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Solafaa, Aug 7, 2005.

1. Solafaa macrumors 6502a

Solafaa

I have about 10GB worth of song on my mac that i would like to transfer to my PC, i tryed using an external HD but some of my music had long name or charecters that are not supported or something along thoes lines. So next i tryed transferign my Music via network which wortked fine untill i found out that 30% of my music was curropted, i could not play them because iTunes said the songs are not there but i could see them on my playlist and it was and is working on my Mac. Last thing i tryed is to burn my music into 3 DVD's which work but some of the songs could not be transfred, well it got transfred but they were corrupt.

I dont know what to do, any help?

2. toothpaste macrumors 6502

are the songs on your ipod? is your ipod mac or windows formatted? if it is windows formatted, get ipodagent from ipodsoft.com.

but then again, you can get any utility that has ipod>pc transfer capabilities

3. Solafaa thread starter macrumors 6502a

Solafaa

My iPod is Mac formated. My main ripping and downloading (itunes) is done on my laptop, i would like a way to transfer them to my Mac desktop (i use ipod to do that) and my PC which i cant do now.

4. Solafaa thread starter macrumors 6502a

Solafaa