Problems Updating Tiger, Error -1001

Discussion in 'macOS' started by iDM, Jan 11, 2006.

1. iDM macrumors 6502a

iDM

The Commonwealth of PA/The First State-DE
    I am trying to update my familys home computer but I am having some problems.

At first none of yesterdays updates would install so I began installing all of the updates that did not require a restart. They all updated fine with no problems except for iTunes 6.0.2 and the Mac Combines OS X update.

I repaired permissions and found that not the iTunes update would install but the Combined Update still would not.

Included below is a screen shot that shows the System Profiler, About This Mac, System Update and Error Message.

The message says that there is a networking error and that it timed out. It suggests that we should check the network except I am currently on the same router without any problems.

I should note that my iChat has been acting really screwy and been intermittently shutting off while my Acquisition is still running.

I also needed to run the System Update 3 times because I was receiving the same error message about the network. It eventually worked for me but it does not seem to be meshing with my families iMac.

Any help would be great thanks alot.

Attached Files:

2. Benjamin macrumors 6502a

Benjamin

3. iDM thread starter macrumors 6502a

iDM

The Commonwealth of PA/The First State-DE
    Thanks alot for the quick reply I will try installing and I will post back if I have any problems thanks again!