Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tobefirst ⚽️

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jan 24, 2005
St. Louis, MO
I seem to be having trouble viewing lyrics on my iPod 5G and I'm wondering if anyone else is having this problem, or if someone can tell me why I'm having trouble.

I've loaded lyrics into iTunes using pearLyrics and in iTunes, all the lyrics appear just fine in the Lyrics tab when I Get Info. I transferred all the music to my iPod and when I play a song, sometimes I'm able to click through to the lyrics screen, but other times it's blank. I can remedy this by menu-ing out all the way back to the main screen and then clicking on Now Playing and then going to the lyrics screen. But, really, who wants to do that?!?

What is the deal?

Josh396

macrumors 65816
Oct 16, 2004
Peoria/Chicago, IL
I've been having the same exact problem and still haven't found a permanent fix. Hopefully Apple will address this in a software update. I've also noticed the iPod seems sluggish. I've tried optimizing my Album Art but that only seem to fix it for a short period of time.

bludevil

macrumors newbie
Feb 25, 2007
i have the same problem on my ipod nano 2 gen and it's very annoying. Did you solve it?

tobefirst ⚽️

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jan 24, 2005
St. Louis, MO
i have the same problem on my ipod nano 2 gen and it's very annoying. Did you solve it?

To be honest, I'm really not sure. I haven't paid enough attention to it in a long, long time. My iPod pretty much permanently resides in my glove box, and I very rarely take it out. I'm sorry that I can't be of more help.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.