Problems w/ IMovie & IDVD

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by OddLikeWhoa, Aug 4, 2005.

1. OddLikeWhoa macrumors newbie

Aug 4, 2005
    This is my first Mac, and i have been downloading movies and tv shows off of Limewire. I do not really understand the process of burning onto a dvd with my superdrive. Everytime i copy the movie into IMovie, the movie will be fine, but there will be no sound. How do i fix this problem?

thanx in advance for the help
  2. homerjward macrumors 68030

May 11, 2004
    fig tree
    basically, if it plays fine in quicktime it'll play fine in imovie (iirc). you'll need to download the proper codecs first in order for that to work. it might be divx, 3vix, xvid, something like that (assuming it's an avi file). does it play fine in quicktime? if you're just trying to burn a movie, or a couple of tv shows to dvd it might be easier to just make a new project in idvd and put them in there rather than putting them in imovie first. an even easier solution is to use roxio toast, then make a new video dvd and just drag the files in and burn it. again, with toast they have to play in quicktime.
  3. OddLikeWhoa thread starter macrumors newbie

Aug 4, 2005
    i think i tried just using idvd, but the video's dont copy in. It was only when i copied them trhough imovie that they worked. I believe that it works in quicktime too and somebody else told me to download AC3 osx codec, but im not sure if that worked either. i guess i will try out toast. thanx again