Problems with 10.2.6?

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by Jaykay, May 7, 2003.

1. Jaykay macrumors 6502a

Jaykay

Ok, i recently downloaded 10.2.6 for my MDD G4 and after a restart, to my major surprise, almost every personal setting on the computer had to either deleted or changed to default such as window views, layout of icons, desktop picture, the dock got completely cleared apart from the iapps and a couple of question marks, my browser has now set its home as livepage.apple.com rather than apple.com as it used to be.

Now this in itself isn't too bad as i can put everyhting back the way i want (but the dock is an annoying one), but the fact that everytime i restart the computer it completely resets everything again.. am i missing, or have i broken some internal storage memory? Any ideas?

2. Jaykay thread starter macrumors 6502a

Jaykay

My dock used to look like this....
    (Clutter also got reset)

And now it looks like this...

Attached Files:

3. mnkeybsness macrumors 68030

mnkeybsness

4. Jaykay thread starter macrumors 6502a

Jaykay

Very insightful, thanks. :)

5. evoluzione macrumors 68010

evoluzione

down the road, that's where i'll always be
    no problems on any of the three macs i've updated so far, i do get the keychain permissions box up, but then that's always after a sys update....

6. patrick0brien macrumors 68040

patrick0brien

-Jaykay

System updates can farg your preferences if your permissions are of by so much as a hair - as you've obviously seen.

A good rule of thumb that I employ is I repair permissions right before, and right after a sysupdate.

7. Jaykay thread starter macrumors 6502a

Jaykay

Hey, thanks for the views. Ill make sure to correct the permissions now. Hmmm, what a lesson eh?

8. bennetsaysargh macrumors 68020

bennetsaysargh

these forums are always helpful. 99% of the time evryone's question gets answered. it's awsome! i never have to go to genious bar. plus i think forrest is getting tired of me:p

edit-permissions are usually my problem